KelSeal at IGS Industries
KelSeal is an alumina-carbon, resin-bonded, joint sealant used between slide gate plates, nozzles, and SEN’s around the ladle and tundish areas. It has excellent resistance to erosion by molten steel and very low permeability at steel making temperatures to prevent steel leakage and air aspiration through refractory joints. KelSeal is the original formulation for longer service time around the tundish area while KelSeal XG is formulated for shorter runs on ladles and ease of separation/clean up.
- Steelmaking Industries
- KelSeal contains graphite, which allows easy separation of refractory joints
- KelSeal resists air aspiration and steel penetration within the joint being sealed
- Will flow to rough or irregular voids within the refractory to provide a good seal
- Does not shrink or crack under heat load
- KelSeal is not classified as a hazardous material and is able to be shipped worldwide by any means
- KelSeal is available through our Just-In-Time shipping program.
- KelSeal TDS Instruction Sheet
- KelSeal MSDS Sheet
- KelSeal Caulking Grade MSDS Sheet
- KelSeal XG MSDS Sheet