Rotary Kiln Seals at IGS Industries
IGS Industries offers several powerful options in our Rotary Kiln Seal Series: An aramid, fiber-based fabric seal, a metal leaf type seal (with or without wear pads), and a metal/fabric hybrid seal.
IGS Industries’ FabriSeal is made of a Kevlar and preoxy-silicates blend, which means it’s a durable solution for sealing thermal and non-thermal equipment such as rotary coolers and dryers.
The IGS FlexMET Kiln Seal is 100% metal, which enables it to be used effectively in high temperature applications, such as rotary kilns and calciners. 100% hard compressed graphite wear pads insure the sealing surface is not scored by a metal leaf, and are self-lubricating to provide long service life.
IGS also offers a hybrid based seal* which incorporates the best of both worlds, the longevity of a metallic based seal with the efficiency of a fabric based seal.
Send us a sketch or drawing of your seal arrangement, or give us the dimensions, and we’ll send you a quote with a sketch of the proposed sealing arrangement.
- Manufacture or treatment of aggregate
- Bulk granular materials
- Food & renderings
- Hazardous waste
- Lime production
- Lime recovery (pulp mills)
- Iron ore pelletizing
- Specialty processing materials
- IGS kiln seals can be retrofitted to almost any existing application or configuration
- Adjusts automatically to most shell run-outs
- Easy to install and maintain
- Minimizes “in-leakage” of air and “out-leakage” of gas
- Conserves millions of BTUs annually
- Increases flame temperature and kiln capacity
- Reduces ID fan and burner requirements
- Reduces gas volume and velocity
- Improves dust collector and bag house efficiencies
- Metal based seals can be customized to withstand corrosive or caustic applications
- Kiln seals are not classified as hazardous materials and are able to be shipped worldwide by any means
- Kiln seals are available through our Just-In-Time shipping program
* Hybrid seal is a patented design by IGS Industries.