MP-3000 at IGS Industries
MP-3000 is a refractory mastic gasket material that has several uses in the continuous molten metal casting industry, including dummy bar packing, sealing molds to floors, anti-splash guard on SENs, and many more. As the joint is coupled, MP-3000 will flow to seal off rough or irregular surfaces, and then will expand up to 20% as heat is applied.
MP-3000 is superior to Vee board for several reasons:
- No need for exact measurements on cutting packing for dummy bars. MP-3000 is supplied in spools or cut-to-length segments and will smash together at the overlap joint to give you 100% solid coverage. Mold packing time is cut in half with MP-3000 and is much simpler to accomplish.
- Will not contaminate zones or water filtration systems. MP-3000 disintegrates to dust after the dummy bar moves out of the mold. There are no long fibrous strands that will hang in the zones or clog filters.
MP-3000 is available in a non-RCF formulation for environmental purposes, as well as an extended-shelf-life blend.
- Sealing open bottom molds to floors
- Pack around SENs for anti-splash protection
- Continuous casting dummy bar packing
- Versatile and convenient to use
- Conforms to rough or misaligned equipment
- Equipment is easily cleaned after use
- Resists temperatures up to 2900°F
- Will not bake onto the equipment
- MP-3000 is not classified as a hazardous material and is able to be shipped worldwide by any means.
- MP-3000 is available through our Just-In-Time shipping program