Real Seal at IGS Industries
Real Seal joint sealant is a high performance gasket material made of 100% expanded PTFE. Although very strong and tough, it is soft and ‘marshmallowy’ in character, permitting it to conform easily to irregular surfaces and to compress to a thin, wide ribbon under pressure. It comes in the form of a continuous cord with an adhesive bead to aid installation. Because it is 100% PTFE, Real Seal can be used in many applications where other materials fail quickly, either because of attack by corrosive or caustic chemicals, or because of breakdown from exposure to high or low temperatures. Real Seal is highly compressive–only light flange bolt pressure is required to effect a seal. It is particularly useful in plastic, glass, and ceramic vessels and piping.
- Plastic, glass, and ceramic vessels and piping
- Gasket applications handling all chemicals, solvents and petroleum products
- Cryogenic applications
- Flanges with rough or damaged surfaces, fragile vessels, pipe, and flanges requiring a light bolt torque
- Form-in-place gasket conforms to any surface including smooth, rough, complex, pitted, and damaged surfaces
- Chemically resistant – made without fillers or binders, 100% PTFE joint sealant exhibits the same chemical inertness of pure virgin PTFE
- Adhesive backing – convenient adhesive strip and peel off backing allow easy installation on both horizontal and vertical surfaces
- FDA compliant: PTFE to 21 CFR 177.1210
- Real Seal is not classified as a hazardous material and is able to be shipped worldwide by any means.
- Real Seal is available through our Just-In-Time shipping program